Thursday 13 November 2008

How to lose friends

Nige had got a copy of “How to lose friends and alienate people” that he was going to give me a copy of. He brought it in on Monday and I watched the start of the DVD. What he had actually copied (for someone else in the office) was “Midnight Meat Train”. So until the titles actually came up I watched ten minutes of some guy hacking away at a passenger on a tube train, covered in blood. I thought it was a bit odd, but thought that they might shout “cut” at any moment, and they were behind the camera. Or the guy could have to go and get a coffee from the café still in his blood stained clothes.
I told him that it was the wrong film on Tuesday. He had Midnight Meat Train in his desk and assumed he must have mixed them up, so he gave me the DVD out of the Midnight Meat Train cover. Sadly, again, when I tried it in my player that evening I got the same guy soaked in blood. He eventually did me a new copy of “How to lose friends and alienate people”, and tells me that he’s watched the start to make sure he’s given me the right DVD this time. We’ll see.

No comments:

x