Thursday 8 May 2008

Oblivious

It’s only as recently as quite recently that I’ve got so used to doing this blog during the day at work that I concentrate so much as I’m writing that I become oblivious to what is going on around me. There have been a couple of occasions that people have come to see me at my desk from other departments and not been wanting to stop me, so just stood behind me watching me type away. The other day one of the Steve’s from downstairs must have been waiting, quietly, behind my back for a good five minutes until Charlotte had to attract my attention with an “Ed!” to tell me there was someone there. Other days that I come in early and just start typing anecdotes from the day before; the place just fills up with people. I can start typing about 7:30, and there be about four or five people in the office. The next time I stop and look around it’s 8:10 and half the office are already in. I also end up with cups of coffee scattered over my desk that people have fetched for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's the same for me when I getwriting, I just switch off to the world around me for hours at a time.

Anonymous said...

I would agree. You have to switch off from your surroundings to do any decent writing.

x